1. What is a home inspection? A home inspection is an examination of the property’s condition. This provides the buyer with a written report regarding a property’s condition, including an assessment of necessary or recommended repairs, maintenance concerns or other issues.
2. Do I need to be there during the inspection? While it is not required you be there for the inspection, we advise that you should be present. This will allow you to discuss the inspector’s findings in person and educate yourself fully on the property’s condition. Also, this will allow you to ask questions and gain a better understanding of the possible issues.
3. How long does the inspection take? Normally a full home inspection takes between 2-4 hours to complete. There are some variables that need to be taken into account to determine the length of the inspection. For example, the size of the house, age of the house, the number of systems to be inspected, access to the attic and crawl spaces, etc.
4. How much does a home inspection cost? Pricing is based on the size and age of the home to be inspected. Our prices are competitive and reflect the time spent at the inspection site, and the time spent writing the high quality inspection report.
5. Why do I need a home inspection? Buying a home or property is one of the most important purchases you will ever make. It is important to conduct a home inspection to avoid a costly mistake by purchasing a propety in need of major repairs. The purpose of the home inspection is to fully educate the buyer on what they are investing in.